This ad is expired.
- Adjunct - Licensed Vocational Nursing Instructor
- Go to our website »
Adjunct - Licensed Vocational Nursing Instructor
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Number: FY202100043
Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
Division: Provost/Academic & Student Affairs
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Adjunct faculty must complete the Lee Teaching Online Certification course or provide documentation of training in distance education.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach freshman and sophomore-level Licensed Vocational Nursing courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, summer, online, hybrid, dual enrollment, and/or weekend classes.
- Provide at least one scheduled office hour per week for each three-credit course in a regular 16-week semester or two scheduled office hours per week in an 8-week term. Office hours can be in-person, by telephone, or via Blackboard Collaborate. You must be available for a live conversation during scheduled office hours.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Qualified candidates must have an Associate's (or higher) degree in nursing, three (3) years of related, non-teaching working experiences as a Registered Nurse, and must hold a current license or privilege to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Nursing
- Prior experience teaching in a community college V.N. program
- Prior online teaching experience and certification
- Blackboard Learning Management System experience
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3535549/adjunct-licensed-vocational-nursing-instructor
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency