Adjunct Pool: Bus Driver (Vocational Short-Term Noncredit)
Salary: $59.82 - $77.33 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 20230850
Location: Merced College, CA
Open pool for academic year 2023-2024additional compensation for doctorate
Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Incorporated in 1889, Merced offers historical sites, affordable housing, and access to the Bay Area and Sacramento, and is the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra mountains as well as home to the University of California Merced campus. Our tree-shaded growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes - large and small - throughout the county. The college is currently in a time of exciting innovation.
Merced College Mission
At Merced College, students are our focus, and we are known by their success. We transform lives through education and workforce development.
Merced College Vision
Enriching our community through educational experiences and support services:
- Degree/Certificate Programs
- Career Technical Education
- Workforce Training
- Lifelong Learning
- Basic Skills
- Community Engagement
This is a part-time instructional assignment in the Adult Education and Noncredit Department at Merced College under the general direction of the Dean of Adult Education and Non-Credit. The maximum teaching load is 10 units per semester, which may include evening and weekend hours.
Examples of Duties
- Provide instruction in accordance with established course outlines and expectations
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance policy
- Maintain required student attendance and scholastic records
- Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations
- Post and maintain regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy
- Participate in the development and review of curriculum
- Participate in the development of teaching-learning methods and materials
- Participate in departmental, area and campus professional activities/committees
- Participate in the college's learning outcomes assessment program, including course, program, and institutional assessments
- Perform tasks needed for student records, e.g., submit grades on time to admissions and records
- Bachelor's degree AND two (2) years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught OR
- Associate's degree AND six (6) years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught
- AND proof as a registered training provider listed on the federal Training Provider Registry (TPR)
- Promote and incorporate culturally affirming DEIA and anti-racist principles to nurture and create a respectful, inclusive, and equitable learning and work environment. In conducting their duties, staff members shall respect and acknowledge the diversity of students and colleagus.
Per CA DMV:
"On February 7, 2022, the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) implemented federal Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT) requirements for commercial driver's license (CDL) applicants. ELDT must be conducted by a registered training provider listed on the federal Training Provider Registry (TPR)."
You can read more about the requirements at the link above for DMV.
- Current technology skills related to teaching in the discipline and a willingness to pursue future technological developments
How to Apply:
- Submit a complete application by the closing date/time on the Merced College career pages at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/promotionaljobs.
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position (cover letter).
- List of three professional references (no reference letters permitted).
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must include the degree major and date the institution granted the degree. Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Diversity Statement: The Merced College District has a diverse staff and student population. As such, applicants must demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large. Please describe how your professional experience would contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Please do not include any personally identifying information. Limit your response to one (1) page.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation completed by an approved organization per the State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/transcripts
- Equivalency Review Form (Required for applicants who do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency) https://www.mccd.edu/about-merced-college/divisions/human-resources/equivalency/
Only the required documentation as listed above will be accepted for this recruitment. Any additional documentation will be removed from your application profile.
Those applicants deemed highly qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Interviews will be scheduled on site.
Sick leave, faculty employed on a part-time hourly basis shall earn sick leave credit at the rate of one (1) hour for each twenty (20) hours of paid service.
Condition of Employment:
The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. Merced College does not sponsor visas. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office. Merced Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/4162566/adjunct-pool-bus-driver-vocational-short-term-noncredit
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-923627f8d5761d408288637e6382addd