Administrative Secretary - Career Technical Education/Office of Instruction (COF)
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 03296
Posting Date: 05/04/2021
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date: 05/18/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 months per year
Minimum Salary: $3,985.00 per month
Maximum Salary: $5,630.70 per month
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
* Flex 125
* AFLAC Policy
* Supplemental voluntary life insurance
* 403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
Benefit Website Link:
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
This position is contingent on funding.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide administrative support and assistance to the area of assignment; perform a wide variety of complex secretarial and clerical duties for a department or office.
* Assist in the administration of the office to which assigned; evaluate activities of assigned area; recommend improvements and modifications; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
* Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; provide or coordinate staff training; implement policies and procedures.
* Research, compile, analyze and summarize data for special projects, programs and comprehensive reports; develop and coordinate or perform the implementation of special projects and programs.
* Screen office and telephone callers; respond to complaints and requests for information on regulations, procedures, systems and precedents relating to assigned responsibilities; receives and routes mail.
* Coordinate and participate in meetings related to area of assignment; take and transcribe minutes; disseminate information, coordinate projects, and implement procedural changes in follow-up on action items.
* Process personnel actions for new hires; participate in the recruitment of staff as directed; monitor faculty load; coordinate and maintain performance evaluation schedules for staff.
* Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for budget items; monitor and control expenditures and budget accounts; respond to budget inquiries from college staff.
* Maintain calendars of department or office activities, meetings and events; coordinate activities with other departments, offices, students, the public and outside agencies.
* Organize and maintain complex and confidential filing systems; operate a variety of office equipment including a computer; input and retrieve data and text; organize and maintain disk storage and filing.
* Prepare or review for completeness and conformity to established regulations and procedures a variety of forms, reports, summaries, and contracts.
* Independently compose correspondence related to assigned area; maintain a variety of manuals, codes, handbooks, and directories.
* Prepare or direct the preparation of annual, quarterly or administrative reports.
* Exercise functional and technical direction over assigned clerical staff.
* Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by specialized secretarial or office administration training and five years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Basic principles and practices of fiscal, statistical and administrative research and report preparation.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the community college system.
- Business letter writing and report preparation.
- Principles and procedures of financial record-keeping and reporting.
- Basic budgeting procedures and techniques.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Public relations techniques.
- Principles and practices of providing work direction and guidance.
- Work cooperatively with other departments, offices, students and outside agencies.
- Understand the organization and operation of the district and of outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
- Research, compile, analyze, interpret and prepare a variety of fiscal, statistical and administrative reports.
- Perform responsible secretarial work involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Provide work direction and train assigned staff.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Operate a computer and related peripheral equipment.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Interpret, apply and explain office policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Salary Grade: 42.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on May 18, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
* Completed Online Application for Employment form
* Current resume
* Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
* Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
* List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
It is the applicants responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
EEO Plan 2018-2021
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices.
Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/15627. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency